29 December 2012

I'm not mad. I'm hurt. There's a difference.

I'm not mad. I'm hurt. There's a difference.
I'm not mad. I'm hurt. There's a difference.

Vulnerability

It is said that the most sensitive and creative people are hurt the easiest. Looking back in history you can find many great minds which have been influenced by their surroundings, in positive and negative ways. One of them is the English writer Charles Dickens (1812 - 1870). At the age of twelve Dickens had to work in a shoe-blacking factory after his father had been imprisoned. Many years later Dickens recalled bitterly. He felt unloved and hurt, both physically and mentally, and the loneliness was harder to handle than the poverty. All these motifs were playing an important role in Dickens novels: The father in prison in Little Dorrit, the shoe-blacking factory in David Copperfield, his lost childhood in Oliver Twist .

No comments:

Post a Comment